Saturday, October 18, 2014
Race bling! Bonus: the claw is also a bottle opener!
So does this mean I can claim a 4:36 marathon time? #relay
Friday, October 17, 2014
Crushed my leg of the relay! #runbaltimore
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Tomorrow I’m running the Baltimore Running Festival Marathon as part of a relay team. Relay teams are 4 members, each covering either 7 miles or 6.1 miles. My teammates are novice runners who have been training for weeks for their distance. I’m excited for them to participate in such a big race.
I’m runner #2 tomorrow, covering 7 miles. With all of the excitement of the marathon it may be hard to get me off the course after my 7 miles!
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Mental Health Morning
I could. not. even. handle the idea of going to work this morning.
I was at work late last night dealing with a staff disciplinary situation and was just in a sour mood when I got home after an annoying and stressful day. So I emailed that I was taking the morning because of a migraine (not completely true, but my head was spinning/pounding).
So this morning I got to sleep in, run 3 miles with Freddie, do a body pump workout, and make lunch.
I’d much prefer a 12:30-5:30 schedule everyday. I wonder if I could swing it!
Monday, October 13, 2014
Work drama stop getting in the way of all the other awesome aspects of my life
My new obsession thanks to a Trader Joe’s food demo: chimichurri rice, andouille chicken sausage, and broccoli
Friday, October 10, 2014
- Pre-work 5K run with Freddie
- Short, but productive day at work
- Got my hair did
- Chilled out and caught up on some DVR (A to Z is sooo cute)
- Got up early to take T paintballing as part of his birthday present (his birthday was Wednesday and everything was an absolute success)
- T was on my team and he was really good at it, which wasn’t a surprise since he played growing up and was a Marine. Meanwhile I got shot 6-7 times and have the welts to prove it
- Went up to Baltimore Saturday night for my friend Sara’s birthday dinner (where this super cute pic of T and I was taken)
- Morning snuggles
- Church and errands
- Ran an awesome self imposed 10K from Gravelly Point Park along the Potomac over the bridge into DC, past the Lincoln Memorial, around the reflecting pool and back. It was perfection
- Body Pump ab work out
- Had my friend Michelle over for dinner
- Did my nails and caught up some more on DVR
Sadly today I have to work, but it is pretty quiet and I am getting things done so that’s….something.
In 2 weeks I’m headed up to Vermont with T for my friend Sarah’s wedding with a stop each way in Connecticut to visit my alma mater and see some other friends. (DRIVING)
Then 2 weeks after that I will be in Alabama to visit all my Auburn friends and go to the game again Texas A&M. (FLYING)
And then 2 weeks after that I will be in New York for Thanksgiving. (DRIVING)
I’m excited and exhausted just thinking about it.